I think I love white beans more than red beans 😉 I don’t know why it always forgets about making white beans !!! White beans to me is so much easier than making red beans. I think the last time that I made white beans was over a year ago. I usually make red beans at least once a week but seem like the last few months ….I haven’t made it. Dont know what happened. Last week when I was meal planning …I went back to last year and I had made a batch of red beans this week ….so I decided to make white beans instead. I am so glad I did because IT IS DELICIOUS!!! I will put it on next months meal planning again. I try to rotate my meal planning every month. At the beginning of every month …I look back to last years meal on my phone calendar and I would just copy that for the week or add some of the meal in for the upcoming week if I ran out of ideas. Every NIGHT before I go to bed…I would add in what I made for the evening for dinner or even lunch. If I made something extra special I WOULD MAKE sure to DOCUMENT it in my calendar so that the next year I would add it in the weeks meal planning.
This white beans and rice is so easy and DELICIOUS. I threw everything in my crockpot that morning and when I got home…dinner was ready. All I had to do was cook up the sausage. I already had it sliced and store in a container. DINNER was ready in 15 minutes!!! Dont you JUST LOVE nights like this?? And clean up was super easy because the only thing I had to wash was the crockpot insert and 1 little skillet that I used for the sausage. I served my white beans in these little soup cup so …stuck everything in the dishwasher and clean up was fast and EASY!!! Dinner and clean up in less than 1 hour!!!! 😉
- 1 lb Pickle Pork
- 1 lb Camelia Brand Navy Beans
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb Hillshire Farm spicy sausage cut into 1 inch thick
- 1 lb cubed ham
- 12 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped/garnish
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped/garnish
- Cooked White Rice
- Rinse the beans
- Add the beans, water, chopped onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, bay leaf, and all the seasons in the crock pot.
- Set the crockpot to 8 hrs on high.
- As the beans are cooking ....in a skillet...add the cut up sausage and cook on medium heat until the sausages are golden brown and has a nice outer brown edge. Once they are cooked...take them off the heat and set them aside.
- RIght before serving...using a big wooden spoon and mash some beans against the side of the pot. This will make for a creamier consistency.
- Season the beans according to taste. You can season with some hot sauce for a more spicier taste.
- Ladle over a bowl of white rice and garnish with some freshly chopped parsley and green onions.