My daughter loves bake salmon but we never used up the whole salmon slab so I always try to find something to make to use up the extra salmon that we have. I tried throwing the extra back in the freezer but I find that it just doesn’t taste as good after you freeze salmon. These salmon patties are so easy to make…yet so flavorful.
- 2 lb fresh skinless and deboned salmon, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumb
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 TB finely chopped red onion
- 4 TB mayonnaise
- 2 TB dijon mustard
- 3 TB chopped fresh cilantro and parsley
- 1 tsp salt or Tony Chachere (I like the creole taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Pour the bread crumbs in a large bowl. Add the chopped chunks of salmon to the bowl. I chopped mines finely with a knife.. If you prefer you can use a good processor and pulse it a few times.
- To the salmon add the breadcrumbs and all the remaining ingredients: lemon juice, red onion, mayonnaise, mustard, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients together. DON’T OVER MIX because you can break up the pieces.
- Form the ingredients into round patties.
- In a large skillet (I use a large cast iron skillet), over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoon of butter or olive oil. Once the pan is hot, add the salmon burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until lightly golden brown.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
- I like to dress mines with mayo, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, cilantro and Dijon mustard.