Every chance we get…we always PICK up pretzels from Auntie Anne in our mall. I remember when we used to visit my parents and they had one in the Walmart store. I love the almond flavor ones…so I will attempt that one day 😉
I been seeing many of my instagram acct that I been following making different types of pretzels and so I wanted to attempt it especially since we been home all day now ….I have time to wait for the dough to rise haha
I will definitely be making these again.
- 1½ cup warm water
- 2¼ tablespoon ACTIVE yeast
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 4 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- course salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the WARM water. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes then add in the salt and stir. Next, add in the flour and KNEAD the bread hook or by hand for about 5 minutes.
- Next, place the dough in an OILED BOWL. and cover. Store the dough in a warm place for about 1 hr...it should double in size.
- Preheat OVEN to 425°F.
- Divide the dough evenly ...I only got 9 pretzels out of my dough. Roll each piece a rope and twist it into a pretzel shape.
- Before you BAKE the pretzel...the pretzels need to be in a baking soda bath. In a medium size pot...bring 8 cups of water and 1/3 cup baking soda to a boiled. Once the water is boiling ...place each pretzel into a slotted spoon and drop the pretzel into the baking soda water for about 30 seconds. Remove the pretzel and place onto a prepared baking sheet (lined with parchment paper).
- Bake each pretzels for about 12-14 minutes. Depending on the thicken of the pretzels. Bake until the pretzels are a GOLDEN BROWN color.
- As soon as you remove from the oven...brush the pretzels with BUTTER and sprinkle with course salt. You can serve it with your favorite cheese sauce.
SIDE NOTE: I used the cheese from Walmart ..its delicious!!
****I would have posted more pictures but I am not sure why my picture wouldn’t upload to the site.