I LOVE POUND CAKE and when I saw one of my favorite instagram person (Randi Garrett) making hers in this heart bundt pan…I knew I had to try it. I brought this pan last year and LOVE the way the cakes always turn out. Its PERFECT EVERY TIME!!! This is a super fun cake to make for Valentines Day. Your family will love it!! Especially if you are using berries and whip cream to decorate the pound cake.
Just remember that this batter is SUPER DENSE…so don’t be alarm when you are mixing it and trying to pour it into the bundt pan. I had to use a spoon to get the batter into the bundt pan LOL. I started pouring the batter into the pan but having to use a spatula to scrape into the bundt pan. This pound cake is very BUTTERY and SUPER moist!! I will definitely be making this again next week …but next time, I will add lemon extract and use a lemon drizzle…since my kids love the STARBUCK lemon poundcake. I will try to see if I can recreate the lemon pound cake for them 😉
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese softened to room temperature, full fat
- 1½ cup Unsalted Butter softened to room temperature
- 3 cups White Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Generously GREASE a BUNDT PAN with nonstick spray. I used a Heart BUNDT Pan.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment and beat the butter on high speed until its smooth and creamy. Next, add in the cream cheese and beat until its smooth and combined. Gradually add the SUGAR and beat until its FLUFFY. Then add in the sour cream and vanilla extract until its CREAMY. Taking a rubber spatula and scraping down the sides.
- On low speed add one egg at a time, mixing after each egg until its nicely combined.
- Turn off the mixer and ADD ALL THE FLOUR, baking powder, and salt. Beat on medium speed to combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!!! Using the spatula and scaping down all the sides.
- Spoon the BATTER into the GREASE BUNDT PAN. You can try to pour the batter into the bundt pan..but the BATTER is VERY DENSE!!! I had to BANG the pan on the counter a few times to get the bubbles out. Next, taking the spatula and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 1½ hours at 325°F.
- Use a toothpick to test for doneness. This is a very LARGE and HEAVY POUND CAKE so it will take longer to bake.
- Remove CAKE from the oven and allow the cake to cool completely before inverting the cake onto a cake platter.
- Slice and serve with whip cream or fresh mix berries.
SIDE NOTE: You can use cake flour instead of All Purpose Flour. I have made pound cake with cake flour before.
You don’t want to BAKE at 350 degree F…pound cake needs to bake slow and low. The cake might need more than 90 minutes to bake.