I usually make eggroll and put in the freezer so when I am craving some all I have to do is take out a ziploc bag and throw it in the fryer. This time I tried a new recipe that my sister in law was telling me about…. to use TARO roots.
2 pounds of GROUND PORK
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 cup shredded TARO ROOTS
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cup soften vermicelli noodles (I soak in a bowl of warm water then drain and cut them into 1inch length)
1/2 cup of softened shredded wood ear mushroom (need to soak in some luke warm water–according to package)
2 TSP minced garlic
2 TSP fish sauce
1 TSP garlic powder
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
****2 PACKS of spring roll pastry (25 paper per package)
***OILS for deep frying
1 EXTRA egg white for sealing the egg roll paper
DIPPING SAUCE: Sweet Chili Sauce
1. In a LARGE BOWL mix all the ingredients together.
2. Separate the paper from the package–they are usually stick together so you have to peel them apart. Be very careful that you don’t tear the paper. Next dip 1 corner of the paper in the egg whites.
3. Lay the sheet of paper on a flat surface and spread about a TABLESPOON full of the filling in the other corner of the paper.
4. Fold the bottom end and then the sides to wrap up the fillings.
5. Roll up firmly and place the rolls seam sides down until frying.
6. Deep fry the egg rolls at 350 F until the egg rolls are golden and crisp. Serve with fish sauce (nuoc man) dipping sauce or Sweet Chili Sauce.