I have to admit BUT STEAK is one of our FAVORITE FOOD!! I think my family can eat steak at least 2 times a week. Its just that I don’t like to feed them too much red meat. I do try to give it to them at least once a month. Whenever we have steak …we never have LEFT OVERS!!! I usually have to buy at least 8-10 pieces. I always make it for dinner and MAKE EXTRA for lunch the next day. My husband and I usually have it with a salad. My kids LOVE dipping it in RANCH dressing.
Today, was such a crazy busy day and I already had the white beans in the crockpot…..BUT my kids don’t really LOVE white beans SO, I had to make something for them to eat for dinner. PLUS, my white beans weren’t really cooked yet. I stopped by my local grocery and grabbed some steak. I didn’t have time to marinate it …so I just season them QUICKLY with salt and pepper. Ran out to my yard and snip a few sprig of rosemary. Threw them on my GRILLED pan…and WALA!! They were done in NO TIME!!! I have to ADMIT…I only season them with salt and pepper and THESE were so DELICIOUS!! MY KIDS DEVOUR them!! My littlest must have ate a whole piece all by herself!!! If you are looking for something QUICK to make for dinner…try this recipe!!!
Perfect Pan Seared Steak
- 4 piece sirloin steak cut into 1 ½ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
- olive oil
- 8 peeled garlic cloves left whole
- sprigs fresh rosemary including stems
- Generously salt and pepper ONE side of the steak
- Heat your seasoned cast iron skillet or grill pan to smoking hot.
- Next, add oil and swirl around until it coats the whole pan. Turn heat to medium high. Add the season side of the steak side down. Then add salt and pepper to the side facing up. Don't touch the steak for at least 2 minutes.
- After about 2 minutes ...flip the steak. Next, add the butter, garlic, and rosemary to the PAN. Allow the steak to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remember to spoon the butter, garlic and rosemary mixture.... over the steak during the cooking process.
- Cook the steak according to your preference. A thicker steak will take longer.
- Turn off the heat and keep spooning the butter garlic mixture over the steak.
- Next, allow the steak to REST before CUTTING.
- For a beautiful presentation...slice the steak on an angle.