We love chicken pot pie in this house. Last year when I made my first chicken pot pie…the kids requested it for like the whole month 😉 It got to the point that I was even sick of making it MUCH less eating it hahahaha. Last week when I was meal planning….I was checking my pantry and I had a couple of jars left of this Thai Yellow Curry that I wanted to use up…so I wanted to try something different using this Thai Yellow Curry jar. I had a few curry recipe in mind but since I haven’t made chicken pot pie in a few months …I decided to give it a TWIST and make curry chicken pot pie. I have to admit…it was delicious!!! My lil gal ate one BIG ramekin size one all by herself 😉 So, I guess this will be on repeat in our household…but …I will wait a couple of weeks before I make it again 😉
Curry Chicken Pot Pie
- Baking Pan
- Big Pot
- 2 lb Chicken Thigh cubed
- 2 cup Potatoes cubed
- 1 cup Carrots small pieces
- 1 cup Green Beans cut into 2inch
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cracked Black Peppe
- 1 cup Coconut Milk from Trader Joe's
- 1½ cup Thai Yellow Curry from Trader Joe's
- Spray each ramekins and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a big pot ( I used my big 7qt Staub pot) add in some oil and the chicken thigh pieces.
- Saute the chicken thigh until its no longer pink. Next, add in the chopped potatoes and carrots. Once the chicken and vegetables are nicely mix...add in all the seasons.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft. Then add in the green beans. Cook for another minute then add in the 1 cup of coconut milk and 1½ cup Thai Yellow Curry. Stir until everthing is nicely incorporated then removed from the heat.
- Now spoon the curry chicken mixture into the prepared ramekins. Taking each piece of puff pastry and lay them on top of the ramekins. Make sure that when you are cutting the puff pastry out...to cut it out a little bigger than the ramekin itself ...so you can overlap the puff pastry over the ramekin.
- Once you have all the ramekins cover with the puff pastry...take an eggwash and brush it over the top of each puff pastry. **** to make an eggwash....crack 1 egg into a smalll bowl and add 1 teaspoon water...then mix together.
- Place all the ramekin onto a baking pan. Place the baking pan into the perheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. When the puff pastry is a nice GOLDEN BROWN color. Take the baking pan out the oven and serve. BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THE RAMEKIN is VERY HOT!!!!