Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe
Whenever I have a rough week schedule…I usually do a one pot/tray meal. I love doing these because I just throw everything in a baking tray and season them and within an hour…I have a FULL DINNER. Usually when the chicken is baking…I usually get a chance to lay down and rest a little bit..while it is baking. And I put on a pot of rice in my rice cooker and DINNER is easy and clean up is FAST and NO MESS. You can use thin cut porkchop or drumstick with this recipe and it will taste just as good.
8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 stick of butter
1 lb baby potatoes—cut in half
GARNISH: chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking tray or half sheet pan with foil and place all the chicken and potato pieces on it, lay the chicken skin side down.
- In a little bowl…add all the seasons and stir so all the seasons mix well.
- Sprinkle with season mixture and flip each piece skin side up. Drizzle the olive oil over the skin on each piece of chicken and rub lightly to coat. Sprinkle again with season mixture. Make sure the chicken and potato is nicely coated with the season mixture.
- Place a little pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken thigh..this will make the skin crispy.
- Place the baking tray in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for one hour, until most of the fat has rendered out of the chicken and the skin is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let rest about 5 minutes before serving.