This coconut pandan milk bread is so delicious!!! I love that the flavor isn’t so over powering!! It a great blend of sweetness and pandan!! If you love anything pandan like I do…then you need to make this BREAD!! It is so yummy!!
Coconut Pandan Milk Bread
- 2½ cup bread flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 2 pack active yeast
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp SOFTEN butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pandan extract
- In the kitchen aid mixer BOWL...add bread flour, sugar, and YEAST (only if you are are using the INSTANT DRY YEAST) if you arent then you need to activate the yeast. Mix the dry ingredients then wait for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, whole milk, eggs, SALT and pandan extract. Using a hook attachment on the kitchen aid mixer and start with setting #1 for about 5 minutes then turn to setting #2 for about 5 minutes. Turn the mixer off and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Then turn it on again to setting #2 and mix for another 5 minutes. ...then add in the 2 tablespoon of soften butter...try to add it slowly ...I added it in increments of 1/2 tablespoon at a time so that it distribute evenly.
- Turn the mixer off again and let it rest for about 5 more minutes then turn back on to setting #2 and beat for another 5 minutes. You want to mix until you get a smooth texture but elastic when you are trying to pull it apart.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and place on an oil surface and form a BALL. Oil the BOWL and return the dough to the oil bowl. Cover with a plastic wrap then lay a kitchen towel on top. Let the dough rest in a warm place. I usually place my bowl in the oven and turn on the lights. Took me around 1 hour for my dough to double in size.
- Once the dough has double in size...take the bowl out the oven and turn the dough onto an oil surface (spray the surface with a little oil) or you can dust with some flour. Now, portion out the dough into 12 little balls. Next, spray your 9x13 inch baking pan. Roll each dough into a round little ball. Place each dough ball a few inches away from each other in the baking pan. Once you have rolled out all the dough. Cover the baking pan with plastic wrap and the kitchen towel and place it back into the warm oven (leave the light on) then let it rise the 2nd time. Once the balls are double in size...they are ready to be bakes. Take the baking pan out the oven. UNCOVER and sprinkle some corn starch on top of each dough.
- Preheat OVEN to 320°
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is a nice golden brown color.
- Serve by itself or with some honey butter.
I LOVE everything PANDAN and mix it with COCONUT…and its the ABSOLUTE BEST!!! I found this recipe on YouTube but changed it up a little. I added more sugar and coconut milk then the original recipe and I didn’t follow her directions because I found that it was such a long process. I kinda cheated on some of her steps 😉