I was running out of IDEAS to cook for dinner…and so when my lil girl asked for waffle…we decided to make it for DINNER that night!! I usually make the pandan waffle or the Belgium waffle recipe …but this one is my favorite CLASSIC waffle one that I always go back to. You can add any fruits to the batter or just leave it alone and add the fruits to the top. Its great because it stores and reheat really well too!!
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups WARM milk
- ⅓ cup MELTED butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1 cup sliced banana
- maple syrup
- whip cream
- powder sugar
- In a large BOWL, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and SUGAR. Set aside for about 10-15 minutes...ready when you see bubbles. PREHEAT the waffle iron during this time.
- In another bowl...crack the eggs and stir in the milk, melted butter and the vanilla extract. Next, pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and BEAT until nicely BLENDED and smooth.
- Once the waffle maker is heated and you set it to your desire setting. Ladle the batter into the waffle maker. Don't over FILL because you dont want the batter to run over the side of the waffle maker.
- Cook each waffle according to preference...serve immediately. Serve with fresh fruits, powder sugar, whip cream or just maple syrup.
- If you have extra batter...cook it up but under cook it. Store in a freezer ziploc bag and put into the freezer. When are you want to reheat...just stick it into the toaster or oven.
- ****You can add blueberry or smash banana into into the batter.