I LOVE chocolate chip cookies and these BAR are by far the BEST!! If you love chocolate cookies…you will LOVE these even more!! Its chewy and soft…yet…its pack with TONS of ooey gooey-ness!! You should definitely make these!! You will not regret it!! Its best eaten the same day it is baked!! I took it out the oven and my kids could NOT wait the 15 minutes for it to cool down. If you cut into them when they are hot…its extremely messy!! Its BEST with a COLD GLASS of MILK or a hot cup of coffee. If you make it…let me know how you like it 😉
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BAR
- 2¼ cup ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup PACKED Light Brown Sugar
- ⅔ cup White Sugar
- 2 large Eggs room temperture
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate
- Preheat OVEN to 350°F. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a big mixing BOWL add in the flour, salt, baking soda, and corn starch. Mix the dry ingredients really well then set aside.
- In a stand mixer...add in the melted butter, white and brown sugar and mix well until creamy.
- Turn the setting to 1 then add in the eggs and vanilla extract to the creamy butter mixture.
- Turn off the mixer then add in the dry ingredients and turn on the mixer to 1....you don't want the flour to splash everywhere...mix well until everything is incorporated. Take the bowl out the mixer and add in the chocolate chip and FOLD it into the batter. *****I usually save about a handful of chocolate chip...to add to the top of the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread it evening over the pan. Add the chocolate chip that you saved to put on the top of batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes @350°F. The cookie will continue to bake even when you take out the oven. The cookies are done when the edge is set and top is a nice golden brown color. Let the cookie bar cool before you cut into it.