My kids love Mexican food…but I was kinda tired of making soft or hard taco…plus I wanted to make something that used less plates and bowls and easy to prep. I saw on instagram one of the influencers was making chicken enchiladas but she made it in the crockpot. She added the enchiladas sauce to the crockpot with the chicken. I had already made the chicken in the crockpot yesterday ….so I decided to WHIP up a batch of chicken enchiladas my way. One of my daughter told me that she LOVED the new version I did tonight. I was actually being lazy….but it ended up tasting DELICIOUS!!
- 4 cup shredded chicken
- 4 oz sour cream
- 3 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4oz) green chiles
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can (28oz) Red Enchilada Sauce
- chopped fresh parsley garnish
- chopped tomato garnish
- sour cream garnish
- salsa garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- *******I already have the shredded chicken that I had made the night before in a crockpot. I just cooked 6 pieces of boneless chicken breast in a crockpot at high for 3hrs. I then drained the juice and taking a hand held mixer...I shredded the chicken. I season with a little garlic powder, onion powder, and cracked black pepper. I then waited for it to cool and place it in a container and store in the refrigerator.
- In a large baking dish...spray with some olive oil or Pam and set aside.
- In a large bowl...add the shredded chicken, sour cream, all seasonings, 1 CUP of Mexican Blend cheese and the can of chiles. Mix really well.
- On a flat surface, lay out the flour tortillas and spoon in some enchiladas sauce and spread all over the tortilla. Next, spoon in some chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla and roll it. Arrange each roll tortillas in the prepared baking dish. Start on one side and make your way to the other end. Remember to PUT THE SEAM ON THE BOTTOM. Once you fill the whole baking dish. Cover with the rest of the enchiladas sauce and sprinkle the rest of the cheese (2 cup) over the top (making sure to cover every tortillas roll because you don't want any of the tortillas to dry out from not having any sauce or cheese).
- Place the baking dish UNCOVERED in the preheated OVEN and bake for 30 minutes. Until the cheese is nice and BUBBLY. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Goes great with a caesar salad!! Enjoy!!!