I have been trying to bake something once a week for my husband staff at the hospital. I wanted to bake something Easter theme this week…but I didn’t want to bake a cake because I wanted something that was easy so they can just grab and go. I didn’t wanted him to have to deal with cutting the cake or having to serve it. I was gonna make cupcakes but I figure M&M chocolate chip cookies would be the best sweet treat to bring. I added a few of these Easter color M&M just to make it festive 😉
Hoping everyone is doing something fun for Easter. We will be dying Easter eggs Thursday and I will be attempting to bake a coconut cake this week also. What are you going to be doing this week??
Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M Easter color
- Preheat OVEN to 350°F. In a big bowl add in the all purpose flour, salt, and baing soda. Set aside. In a kitchen aid mixer.. cream the 2 sugars with the melted butter until its creamy then add in the 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and mix for about 5 minutes until everything is incorporated...remember to scrape the sides down. Once everything is incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix for another minute or so. You don't want to over mix.
- Using a medium size icecream scoop. Scoop the dough onto a prepared baking sheet (line the baking sheet with parchment paper). Make sure that the dough is about 2inch apart.
- Taking your finger and flatten the dough out a little. Next, carefully place a few M&M candies (make sure the letter "M" is not showing) on the cookie dough. I only place around 4-5 candies on each 😉
- Bake at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes. Until the top is a light golden brown color.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.