For the Super Bowl this year I wanted to make all finger food but I was tired of making the same type of food over and over again. I always make my savory meatball, BBQ chicken wings, Alfredo pasta, and meatball sliders….so I went to my favorite instagram account in search of some new recipes. I stumble upon this instagram account called Made It Ate It Love It and she had these wings on there. She made it a little different ….she used her crockpot and she used hot sauce with the Carolina Gold BBQ sauce and nothing else. If you have been following me for awhile…then you know that I cook everything with garlic powder and onion powder. So, you know I had to add those ingredients into my chicken wings. I also used Tiger Sauce instead of just regular hot sauce. I will definitely be making these wings again. It was so flavorful and delicious!!! If you have a Trader Joe’s in your area…..and if you are looking for a delicious chicken wing recipe…you GOTTA try this.
Carolina BBQ Wings
- 3 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce Trader Joe's
- ½ cup Tiger Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Chopped Greeen Onion GARNISH
- Wash the chicken wings and place them in a colander so all the water drain from them.
- Preheat OVEN to 350°F
- While the chicken wings are dying....in a LARGE BOWL MIX in the Carolina Gold BBQ sauce, Tiger sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, crack pepper, and salt. Mix well so all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Once all the chicken wings are dry...pour it into the BBQ mixture and coat all the chicken wings.
- Taking a baking sheet (make sure to cover it with parchment paper so clean up would be easy) lay each chicken wings in a single role.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Take the chicken wings out the oven and place a few in the airfryer @400° for about 5 minutes ...until you get a NICE GOLDEN BROWN color. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve with some vegetables (carrots, celery, and cucumber) and ranch dipping sauce.