PUMPKIN SPICE BUNDT CAKE
I don’t know about you…but every YEAR …I wait for when Starbucks release their PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE (PSL) …I get so excited when they do…because when that day comes…I am there right after drop off…to grab my PSL!!! I actually LOVE anything PUMPKIN spice!!! Back when I used to work at William Sonoma…we used to make our pumpkin bread and serve it at the store with their PUMPKIN BUTTER…OMG!! It is DELISH!!! I think I have to make that pumpkin butter next time to spread on top of this cake. The combo is DEVINE!!! I love baking this PUMPKIN SPICE bundt cake….because my HOUSE SMELL so goooooood!!!! The smell of the cinnamon and the pumpkin pie spice baking…..smell HEAVENLY!!! If you are looking for a GREAT dessert to make this HOLIDAY…I highly recommend baking this CAKE!! It not only taste good…but it will make your WHOLE house smell absolutely DEVINE!!!
INGREDIENTS for CAKE
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
INGREDIENTS for FROSTING
6 ounces softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons softened butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk (add more milk if its too runny)
DIRECTIONS for CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together sugar and oil on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Add pumpkin puree can and let the mixer run while you mix together your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In the dry ingredient bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Turn the speed down to low (so the flour doesn’t go all over you) and gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until all the ingredients is nicely incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, checking to see if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the cake. If your toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Set aside to cool…while you make the frosting.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
DIRECTIONS for FROSTING
Whisk together cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar. Whisk in milk, and then add more milk by the tablespoon until the desired consistency is reached. It should be just barely pourable, but not too runny. Pour frosting into a ziploc bag and snipe a tiny hole in the corner and start piping the frosting onto the cake.
Trader Joes pumpkin puree is 15 oz but the other brand that I buy from Target or Walmart is 16oz…so you can use any..I have used both and they both taste the same. Nothing changed…baking time still the same ….etc